Strong brands – HÅG, RBM and RH
All three of our brands are based on Scandinavian values and attributes. At the same time they each fill a niche in the office chair market with clear design philosophies and concepts in order to meet the varying needs of customers and markets.
Scandinavian Business Seating products represent good seating solutions for working people. Making the world a better place to sit allows people to achieve more, perform better and at the same time give and receive more energy. Our seating solutions therefore strongly focus on visual design, ergonomics, health, the environment and quality. A brand is all about the product’s function, user experiences, visual design, identity, and the story the product conveys.
All of our products convey a common Scandinavian identity:
- User-oriented, functional design with optimum use of materials.
- The right quality at the right price.
- A balance between ergonomics, the environment, and aesthetics characterised by elegance and pureness.
- The most environmentally sound products of the times.
In total this provides the products, within all three brands, with a modern Scandinavian personality that clearly stands out in a market characterised by many different product directions.
Three clear and differentiated design concepts
Although all three brands have their roots in the Scandinavian design tradition, they are based on unique design philosophies and concepts that target different buyer groups.
At the same time as the amalgamations have improved the sales and production efficiency, the group has been working purposefully to demonstrate the differences between the three brands. In 2010 this was done by sharpening product concepts for HÅG, RBM and RH, in addition to focusing sharply on information and training of the sales staff and the dealership network with regard to the different product concepts.
The work on defining the three brand concepts is deeply rooted in the group’s design philosophy, where the guiding principles are:
- to develop clear, differentiated brand positions internally within the Scandinavian Business Seating portfolio and in relation to its competitors
- to develop uniquely differentiated brands, each with recognisable brand characteristics
- to build all brands on four cornerstones:
- Visual design
- Dynamic ergonomics